The Egyptology Society of Victoria - Membership
Egyptology Society of Victoria
The Egyptology Society of Victoria (ESV) promotes and supports the study of ancient Egypt in Victoria and more broadly in Australia and Egypt. The Society is affiliated with the Centre for Ancient Cultures at Monash University. We run a regular series of public lectures and seminars throughout the year, and support Egyptological research, teaching and exchange. Established in 1990, the ESV brings scholars, students, and the general public together to celebrate, share and explore the fascinating culture of ancient Egypt.
- Standard annual* membership: $45
- Student/Pensioner annual* membership: $30
ESV members receive:
- Advance notification and booking for all ESV events
- Discount rates on all events organised by the Society that carry a cover charge
- A complimentary copy of the annual Bulletin of the Australian Centre for Egyptology, the leading Australian Egyptological journal.
The ESV welcomes donations, which can be made online through the blue Donate Now button on the right, and donations of $2 or more are tax deductible for Australian tax purposes.
Since the founding of the Society, memberships and gifts from ESV members have funded an annual weekend symposium with international visiting scholars, subsidised student research in Egypt, assisted in the development of research library collections in Victoria, and supported Monash University excavations in the Dakhleh Oasis. Your annual membership and/or gift allows us to continue these important activities.
|Contact Name||Arts Admin SoPHIS|