Visual Perceptual and Visual Spatial Deficits: Occupational Therapy Assessment and Intervention Strategies - 1 day course
Presented by Dr Joan Toglia, internationally recognised for her experience and research in treating adults with visual perceptual deficits.
Date: Monday 8 April 2024
Time: 10.00am to 5.30pm
Location: The Alfred Centre, 99 Commercial Road, Melbourne 3004, Alfred Health.
About the Presenter: Dr Joan Toglia, Ph.D, OTR/L, FAOTA has over 35 years of experience in Occupational Therapy, with a specialization in Neuro Rehabilitation and cognitive impairments following acquired brain injury including stroke, traumatic brain injury, brain tumour, multiple sclerosis and other neurological disorders. Her advanced graduate and doctoral work in Educational Psychology includes specializations in cognition & learning as well as measurement & evaluation. https://multicontext.net/about
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify and understand different types of visual perceptual disorders & symptoms and the inter-relationship with executive dysfunction
2. Understand and analyse different error patterns and the impact on everyday performance from video clips and written cases
3. Analyse and manipulate functional activities to place demands on different dimensions of visual processing and executive functioning.
4. Use systematic methods for enhancing self-monitoring skills, awareness and strategy use across functional activities
5. Expand and implement a wide range of intervention strategies and activities to enhance everyday functioning for persons with visual perceptual deficits.
Visual Perceptual and Visual Spatial Deficits Course
|Natasha.Lannin@monash.edu / N.Lannin@Alfred.org.au