Applying the Rasch Model hands-on introductory workshop
Professor Trevor Bond from James Cook University will present a three-day hands-on workshop on Applying the Rasch Model in Human Sciences at Monash University Peninsula Campus from 25 to 27 October 2017. The Rasch workshop will introduce participants to the conceptual underpinnings of the model, and will support them to start analysing their own data with Rasch analysis software. Participants will receive a copy of the Bond&FoxSteps3 software (developed by Mike Linacre and based on his Winsteps program), complete with data sets and learning modules.
The structure of the workshop will be as follows:
25/10/17, 9am – 5pm Day 1: Introduction to the Rasch model and the principles of measurement. Analysing tests with dichotomous items (including multiple choice items);
26/10/17 9am – 5pm Day 2: Analysing tests with polytomous items (including Likert-type items); &
27/10/17 9am – 5pm Day 3: Evaluating the fit of data to the requirements of the model. Principles of invariance. Linking different forms of a test on a common scale. Publishing a Rasch measurement research paper.
Participants will work actively with Rasch analysis software (Bond&FoxSteps3) during the workshop. Specific opportunities will be set aside to answer participants’ particular research issues, and for analysis of participants’ data sets.
Who should participate
- Researchers and practitioners in Education, Psychology, Business and Management, Social Work, and Health Care.
- Other interested individuals and organizations involved in social, behavioural, marketing and management research.
Refund of Fees
All cancellations of registration must be made in writing to email@example.com. If cancellations are received:
- More than 30 days before the event, a full refund of the fee less 10% administrative charges will be given.
- 14 – 29 days before the event, a 50% refund of the fee will be given.
- Less than 14 days before the event, no refund will be given out but a substitute delegate is welcome to take your place or a set of documentation will be given.
We reserve the right to cancel the workshop due to unforeseen circumstances.
|Contact Name||Assoc Prof Shane Phillipson|