This course will involve two key components (i) two workshops and (ii) an assessment component which encourages deeper learning and reflection in supervisory practice over time.
There are three options on how you are able to study this course:
- Workshops only
- $250 per person for each workshop, see dates below
- Both the workshops and assessment component
- Assessment component only (if you have already completed an equivalent supervision course)
- $1900 per person
Supervision workshop details
Workshop length - half day (full day for both workshops)
- Introduction to supervision and feedback will explore supervision across relevant contexts, the benefits and challenges for different supervision models, key principles relevant to supervision, effective feedback and ways to evaluate supervision in your context.
- Supporting challenging learners will explore the concept of ‘fitness for practice’, factors contributing to learners’ performance, managing challenging learners, strategies for providing feedback for and supporting challenging learners
* Workshop dates afternoons of the 9th and 16th August 2021
After participation in the workshops above (or equivalent*), participants will complete the assessment which includes (i) a reflection on the workshops, (ii) reflective weekly diaries over 10 weeks with peer feedback and (iii) an analytical paper.
- Discount available for Monash Partners who supervise Monash University students (evidence required) contact us for a discount code
*equivalence for workshop content may be granted for participants who have engaged in supervision training or similar workshops if proof of participation can be provided.
You can enrol for the entire course or the assessment component only (following completion of an equivalent supervision course).
9 August 2021 – 17 December 2021
Upon successful completion of the course and assessment components you can apply for 6 credit points of credit for the Graduate Certificate in Health Professional Education or the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Simulation.
Contact Name: MCSHE Administration
Contact Email: email@example.com