This intensive short course will inform and educate all delegates on postmortem general x-ray and CT radiographic techniques in both adults and infants. This includes an appreciation of how the mortuary operates and applications of postmortem imaging in medico-legal death investigation.
The course is designed for radiographers and forensic technical officers with an interest in this field, who would like to develop postmortem radiographic skills.
At the end of the course participants will have:
- Insights into the challenges faced when working with the deceased
- An awareness of radiation safety measures in a mortuary environment
- An understanding of postmortem general radiographic techniques
- An appreciation of postmortem CT (PMCT) techniques
- An understanding of the roles of forensic radiography and radiology
- An overview of the PMCT angiographic process
- An awareness of dissection techniques for PMCT angiography
- The ability to identify commonly seen artefacts on PMCT images
- Participated in a practical PMCT session and mortuary walk through
Dates: Saturday 16 November 2024
Location: Plueckhahn Theatre, The Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine, 65 Kavanagh St, Southbank VIC 3006
Postmortem Radiography Short Course