Introduction to Australian Physiotherapy practice Workshops - Cardiorespiratory
This workshop provides an overview to common principles and practice in cardiorespiratory physiotherapy in Australia, through the use of a variety of teaching and learning activities including case studies. Participants will be provided with pre-reading to maximise workshop time. The workshop is targeted at clinical skill and clinical development relevant to the Australian Healthcare system. The workshop is targeted at candidates who have successfully completed the APC theory exam.
At the completion of the cardiorespiratory workshop, participants should be able to:
- Discuss modes of cardiorespiratory physiotherapy service delivery within the Australian Healthcare context
- List key components of a cardiorespiratory interview
- Identify the elements of a cardiorespiratory physical examination
- Demonstrate modification of assessment relevant to patient pathology
- Apply clinical reasoning in identification of patient problems and treatment priorities
- Demonstrate commonly used treatment techniques
- Apply risk minimisation strategies
- Identify key issues related to goal setting and discharge planning in the acute cardiorespiratory patient within the Australian Healthcare context
Dr Annemarie Lee BPhysio (Hons), PhD, MPhysio (Cardiothoracic). Annemarie is a cardiorespiratory
physiotherapist with over 20 years of clinical and teaching experience in the field of cardiorespiratory
physiotherapy. Annemarie is currently the Cardiorespiratory Stream Leader in the Monash University
Friday 21st February 2020
Time: 9.30am – 4.00pm
Department of Physiotherapy,
Monash University, Peninsula Campus,
McMahons Road, Frankston
How to get to Peninsula Campus:
$450 (GST inclusive) per workshop
$1,200 (GST inclusive) for all three workshops, please click here to register
Cost includes pre-reading materials which will be posted to you prior to the workshops
Morning and afternoon tea is provided.
A light lunch will be provided, but if you prefer there are two cafes on campus where you can purchase food.
Note: If you are registering to attend all three workshops you need to register by this link to obtain the reduced price, rather than registering for each workshop separately
Maximum participants: 20 Minimum participants: 10
We reserve the right to cancel any of the workshops if the minimum number of 10 registrants is not reached. Full refunds will be available to those registered in this instance.
Participants will be entitled to a refund, less a $100 administration fee per workshop, if cancellation is at least 6 weeks before course commencement AND ONLY IF pre-course reading material has NOT been sent to the participant.
Once access to online pre course reading material has been given to a participant and/or cancellation is less than 6 weeks prior to course commencement participants are not entitled to a refund.
|Contact Name||Physio Short Courses|