GP Rural Short Course
Department of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences - GP Rural Short Course
A distributed learning program for general practitioners practicing in rural areas with a need for a local GP provided X-ray service.
Approved by the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine and The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners for Professional Development and Procedural Grant.
The course takes the form of a series of seven distributed (self-learning) modules and a two-day hands-on workshop at Northeast Health Wangaratta. Course materials will be available online and also posted four weeks prior to the workshop.
Workshop dates in 2017
Saturday 27 May to Sunday 28 May Goulburn Valley Health (Graham St, Shepparton VIC 3630)
Registrants will complete a GP Clinical Radiography Record Book and practical decision making exercises after the workshop. In addition, registrants will sit a short open-book exam prior to completion of the course. NB: Assessment will be completed off-campus, in your home region.
The course package comprises of:
- course notes divided into seven modules (online) reject radiographic images (online)
- radiographic anatomy and pathology images (online)
- the GP Clinical Radiography Record Book. (online)
- he text book Accident and Emergency Radiology: A Survival Guide by Nigel Raby, Laurence Berman, Gerald de Lacey, second edition. Philadelphia: Elsevier/Saunders, 2005.
The course is:
- recognised for the purpose of awarding Use Licence for genereal practitioners in Victoria
- recognised by ACRRM for QA and CME
- recognised by RACGP for CPD points and a two day grant in emergency medicine.
|Contact Name||Department of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences|
|Contact Phone||03 9905 8635|