Monash Certificate in Clinical Occupational Medicine Short Course
Monash Certificate in Clinical Occupational Medicine
The Monash Certificate in Clinical Occupational Medicine is a short course designed for GPs, occupational medicine trainees and other medical practitioners who assess and manage patients with work-related problems.
Monday 9th October 2023 - Friday 13th October 2023
9.00 am – 5.00 pm
To be held remotely via Zoom
Aims and objectives
To provide medical practitioners with the knowledge and skills to:
· Discuss a patient's clinical history relevant to work-related health
· Assess a patient's capacity for work
· Describe how to manage two common health conditions which can be caused by work
· Identify the effects on work of prescribed drugs, illicit drugs and alcohol
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
Application is being made to the RACGP for 30 hours of educational activities, 2 hours of reviewing performance and 2 hours of measuring outcomes for the 2023-5 triennium.
Australian Faculty of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (AFOEM)
This course meets many of the requirements for the AFOEM training curriculum.
Coordinator and teaching staff
Dr David Goddard, Senior Lecturer and past AFOEM Education Project Officer
Other occupational physicians involved in teaching
Professor Karen Walker-Bone, Professor of Occupational Rheumatology and Director of the Monash Centre for Occupational and Environmental Health
Dr Jasvin Josen, GP and trainee in Occupational and Environmental Medicine
Cost: AUD$1,950 (GST inclusive).
Enrolments will be capped at 50 participants. Please register ASAP to avoid disappointment as the course reaches capacity well in advance and has an extensive wait-list.
· Must be qualified medical doctors.
· International participants are most welcome.
· A very good understanding of medical terminology in English is essential.
· Download the aims and objectives or view a previous program
· A certificate of completion will be awarded for attendance and an additional Monash University certificate to those who pass the assessment at the end of the course
- Up to four weeks before the course commences – 100% refund
- Between 4 and 2 weeks before the course commences – 50% refund
- Less than 2 weeks before the course – no refund
|Monash Centre for Occupational and Environmental Health