Advancing Skills in Paediatric Physiotherapy - Neonates and Infants
* This course is only available to participants who have previously completed the introductory course: ‘Enhancing skills in paediatric physiotherapy’ or obtained an exemption by submitting a one page CV to email@example.com outlining clinical practice experience and professional development undertaken in paediatrics since graduation.
At the completion of this course it is expected the participant will be able to:
- Describe the phases of neonatal neurological development and the features of each developmental phase.
- Describe the phases of neonatal respiratory development and the features of each developmental phase.
- Apply knowledge of typical neonatal and infant development to the clinical physiotherapy management of neonates and infants.
- Recognise typically developing movement and postural behaviour of neonates and infants.
- Define the principles of developmental care and apply these to clinical practice with the neonatal population.
- Identify standardised outcome measures appropriate for assessment of the neonatal and infant population.
- Identify multiple physiotherapy strategies to address deviations from typical development in the neonatal and infant populations.
- Describe a comprehensive musculo-skeletal physiotherapy assessment of the newborn and the infant.
- Describe the management of common musculo-skeletal disorders of infancy
While we welcome the participation of qualified international physiotherapists, please be mindful of the following points before you register:
- For all Monash University physiotherapy courses, including short courses, you must meet the minimum English language requirements which is the equivalent to International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 7.0 (no band lower than 6.5)
- The courses have been developed for the Australian context and may or may not be relevant to international settings.
17 April 2023 to 14 May 2023 plus LIVE online learning day May 20th.
|Contact Name||Short Courses|