Advancing Skills in Paediatric Physiotherapy - Cerebral Palsy (July 2019)
* This course is only available to participants who have previously completed the introductory course: 'Enhancing skills in paediatric physiotherapy - (Introductory Course)'
This course is designed to suit those with some paediatric clinical experience in any setting.
This predominantly online program commences week of July 15th, 2019 and runs for four weeks, with a further two weeks available for completion of assessment tasks.
Students can log on to online activities (approx 4-8 hours/week) at any time.
With face to face day (attendance encouraged):
Saturday, 24th August 2019
Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria.
Further queries to email@example.com
15th July to 9th August 2019
At the completion of this course it is expected the participant will be able to:
- Describe relevant embryology in regards to the timing of cerebral insults that result in a diagnosis of cerebral palsy.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the common risk factors that lead to a diagnosis of cerebral palsy.
- Be able to identify and select appropriate outcome measures for children with cerebral palsy across the age span.
- Demonstrate an understanding of hip surveillance requirements in cerebral palsy and how the management differs.
- Identify and understand the principles of management of different movement disorders.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of burst versus ongoing therapy prescription.
- Apply the principles of advanced gait correction via orthotic prescription with the use of cases to illustrate.
- Understand the rationale for the timing of medical interventions eg. Medications, botox, SDR, ITB, surgery.
- Understand the complexity in equipment prescription in cerebral palsy across the lifespan.
- Describe the complexities around the transition from paediatric to adult services.
- Tailor outcome measurement for different ages based on the IC
For international physiotherapists
While we welcome the participation of qualified international physiotherapists, please be mindful of the following points before you register:
1. For all Monash University physiotherapy courses, including short courses, you must meet the minimum English language requirements which is the equivalent to International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 7.0 (no band lower than 6.5);
2. The courses have been developed for the Australian context and may or may not be relevant to international settings.
|Contact Name||Physio Short Courses|