South East Flats and Normanby House are BEYOND excited to invite you to the 2022 SEF x Normanby House Ball, otherwise known as …
✨A Night Under the Stars✨
On a night like never before, join us on Wednesday the 7th September at Quat Quatta for a night of celestial transcendence as we dance the night away! ✨
This is going to be a spectacular night you won’t want to miss!
Your ticket will provide:
- Fancy fun, dinner, drinks and dancing at the stellar event highlight of the year
- Return bus travel between SEF or Normanby House and the venue
- 2 course meal + roving dessert
- Bar service (provision of alcohol dictated by ticket type and age)
- Entertainment, including DJ and Photographer
Get your mates together, follow this event, and snag your tickets as early as possible!
Guests of South East Flats or Normanby House residents are welcome and encouraged to attend accompanying one of our current residents. They will be required to purchase a guest ticket ($110) and must be over the age of 18.
Attendees will be checked against the list of current residents and entry to the venue will be conditional to the
appropriate ticket type being purchased and all guests being escorted by a current resident (max one guest per
Table allocations and preferences will be available during the sales period. Please see the RA’s of your respective hall to discuss your preference.
In alignment with our values that no resident should be left behind, we believe that financial status should not be a barrier for any South East Flats or Normanby House resident to not attend the ball.
An option to pay the ticket price in installments is available on this page. If you are paying in two installments, both payments must be processed by 31st August. If you think you will have difficulty making the installment payments before ticket sales close, please contact your College Head to discuss a plan to ensure you don’t miss out on the 2022 event of the year. Failure to complete both payments by this deadline or contact your College Head to arrange an alternative plan, may result in forfeit of the ticket.
Wednesday, the 7th of September 2022
17 Quat Quatta Avenue
Ripponlea VIC 3185
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
Monash University acting through the Monash Residential Services (MRS) is inviting MRS residents to the 2022, South East Flats and Normanby House Hall Ball.
Subject to these terms and conditions, the Ball will be held on Wednesday, 7th September 2022 at Quat Quatta, 17 Quat Quatta Ave, Ripponlea VIC 3185 (Venue). The Ball will run from 7pm to 10.30pm AEST.
1. Tickets are available to MRS residents (Residents) and only Residents can attend this Ball.
2. Residents under the age of 18 are welcome to attend this Ball provided that they get approval from their parent/guardian before purchasing their ticket. Please note, the legal drinking age in Victoria is 18 years. It is illegal for any person to supply alcohol to a minor on licensed premises. It is also illegal for a minor on licensed premises to purchase, receive or consume alcohol.
3. The ticket prices are as follows:
● $100 Resident Dinner and Beverage Package (Beverages include beer, wine and soft drink only); and
● $95 Resident Dinner Package (including soft drink and water only)
● $110 non-South East Flats or Normanby House Resident* Dinner and Beverage Package (Beverages include beer, wine and soft drink only).
● A 15% Early-Bird discount applies for the first 15 tickets sold at both South East Flats and Normanby House.
* A non- South East Flats or Normanby House Resident refers to anyone who does not reside in South East Flats or Normanby House at the time of the Ball. A non- South East Flats or Normanby House Resident must be over the age of 18 at the date of the Ball.
4. Wristbands will be provided and must be worn at the Venue on the night of the Ball to indicate the different ticket packages. Venue staff may also request to view a wristband prior to serving a Resident or guest.
5. Tickets will be on sale from 9am, Wednesday 27th July (AEST) to 11.55 pm Wednesday 31st August (AEST), unless sold out prior. Ticket sales will be audited and if a Resident is found to have purchased a ticket in an incorrect category, they will be required to forfeit their ticket with no refund.
6. Tickets will be sold online at Shop.Monash. Residents must complete the ticket form including personal information and may be required to provide proof of student and residency status. Tickets will be sent to the email address of the Resident provided at the time of purchase. It is the Residents’ responsibility to ensure they check their email accounts (including any spam or junk folders) for their ticket and other relevant information relating to the Ball. Monash will not be responsible for any incomplete or incorrect information provided at the time of purchase which results in a lost or misdirected ticket. By purchasing a ticket, Residents agree to these terms and conditions.
7. Residents can purchase a maximum of two tickets; one for themselves, plus an additional one ticket for a non- South East Flats or Normanby House guest. Guests must be over the age of 18 and must hold a non- South East Flats or Normanby House ticket. All tickets purchased must be under the Resident’s name and the name of their guest.
8. Residents are responsible for all actions of their guest and by purchasing a guest ticket, they are agreeing to the terms and conditions on behalf of their guest.
9. Tickets are sold on a first-come, first-served basis and the allocated number of available tickets may be exhausted at any time.
10. If a Resident would like to attend this Ball but is experiencing financial difficulty, they may contact their College Head.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
11. All ticket sales are final and no refunds will be offered on tickets.
12. A Resident ticket may be transferred to another South East Flats or Normanby House Resident. South East Flats or Normanby House Residential Support Team Officers must be notified of the change of name and dietary information within 24 hours of transfer, via email to email@example.com (South East Flats residents) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Normanby House residents).
13. Ticket transfers that involve a change in dietary requirements cannot occur after 31st August 2022..
14. Monash reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the Ball at any time for any reason and amend or vary these terms and conditions at any time including due to COVID-19 and associated Government orders, directions or regulations. If the Ball is cancelled because of an event beyond the reasonable control of Monash (including a Government order, restriction or directive), Residents may not be eligible to receive a refund. If there is a restriction on the number of persons permitted to be in or around the Venue, Monash may reduce the number of persons who may attend the Ball in which case you may be eligible to receive a refund.
15. Ticket price includes a two course meal and roving dessert and drinks as provided by the Venue.
16. Ticket price includes a chartered bus from South East Flats or Normanby House to the Venue and return to South East Flats or Normanby House upon conclusion of the Ball. Intoxicated Residents will not be allowed on a bus to or from the Venue. Details about pick up and drop off times and locations will be communicated to Residents in the lead up to the Ball. In accordance with COVID-19 guidelines and the bus company’s policy, all Residents must wear a face mask on the bus to and from the Venue.
17. Residents that do not travel to and from the Venue via the provided buses do so at their own risk and responsibility.
18. Special dietary requirement information must be provided in the given form at the time of ticket purchase.
19. Seating will be at tables of ten (10) people.
20. Seating information will be released at a later date to all ticket holders.
21. Monash reserves the right to change seating allocations and/or change any standing or seating configurations for attendance at the Ball at any time or if required by Government directions, orders or regulations.
22. You agree to comply with all Government directions, orders and regulations relevant to attending the Ball, which may be in place at the time of the Ball and must conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the prevention of the spread of COVID-19. If at the time of the Ball you are feeling unwell or are subject to a self-quarantine or self-isolation period, you agree not to attend the Ball. Please contact your hall Residential Support Team Officers to advise if this occurs.
23. If you have any special access requirements or concerns about any special effects (e.g. lighting, sound, audio-visual or pyrotechnic effects) which may be featured at the Ball, please discuss any such issues before purchasing a ticket with your Residential Support Team Officers. Monash will use reasonable efforts to assist with any such special access requirements or concerns.
24. The Venue reserves the right to reduce or refuse alcohol service as per the Victorian Government’s Responsible Service Alcohol guidelines. The Venue’s staff are instructed not to serve any alcoholic beverages to Residents under the age of 18 years, or to Residents in a state of intoxication. The Venue management and Monash reserve the right to exclude or eject any Residents from the Ball or the Venue.
25. You shall not bring any food or drink on the bus or into the Venue (unless you have advised and received approval from email@example.com (South East Flats residents) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Normanby House residents) prior to the Ball).
26. You must comply with any and all instructions given to you by the Venue and Monash who reserve the right to restrict access to parts of the Venue.
27. You must not leave any bags or other items of personal property unattended in the Venue or on the bus. Monash is not responsible for any lost items.
28. Monash accepts no responsibility and shall not be held legally liable or responsible for any accident, loss, injury or damage to any individual or property whether direct or indirect, whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the Ball, either during or after the Ball including during transportation to and from the Venue.
MRS CONDITIONS OF RESIDENCY & ALCOHOL POLICY
30. The MRS Conditions of Residency and Alcohol Policy apply during this Ball.
31. The Monash University Alcohol Risk Management Procedure applies during this Ball.
2022 SEF x NORMANBY BALL
|Contact Name||Troy McGee|